Precision Neuromuscular Therapy
and Therapeutic Massage for
Soft Tissue Pain Relief
What is RockTape?
- RockTape sticks for several days, which means less frequent need for reapplications. Competing brands tend to fall off after 1-2 days.
- RockTape is air permeable and water resistant – it will remain in place as you shower, swim and sweat!
- RockTape is latex-free with a hypo-allergenic adhesive. When applied properly there is very low, if any, chance of skin irritation.
- RockTape is more elastic, and therefore more versatile than other brands of tape.
How Does RockTape Help?
1. Pain relief: Have you ever whacked your shin or elbow and found it feels immediately better if you rub it or simply place your hand over it? RockTape tape uses the same “tactile feedback” mechanism for pain relief. When properly applied on the skin, RockTape interferes with the pain signal being sent to the brain, and essentially “turns down the volume” on the pain.
2. Decrease swelling and inflammation: The stretchy material of RockTape creates a microscopic lifting effect under the skin and between many layers of connective tissue. This increases the flow of blood and lymph in the taped area and allows byproducts of inflammation to be removed more quickly. It also improves the slide and glide between tissue layers, which is essential for healthy movement.
3. Normalizes muscle tone and distributes physical stress: Unlike conventional athletic tape which prevents movement, RockTape allows full range of motion in the taped area. This allows injured muscles to heal properly, and helps your body coordinate movements as if it weren’t hurt.
4. Postural Correction: RockTape is not meant to “hold” or “pull” a client into ideal posture. Rather, it improves body awareness and sends a subtle cue to the nervous system, a gentle reminder of the desired position. Postural taping is best utilized along with specific therapeutic exercises prescribed by a Physical Therapist or Corrective Exercise Specialist. Postural changes take significant time and effort to maintain.